[OS Image Release WIV0004] Windows 10 IoT Enterprise V1.3.0 on RSB-3720 with NXP i.MX 8M Plus

What’s new:

1. Lan0 and Lan1 are available
  2. Native HDMI interface is available

Know issue:

1. Internal RTC will not work. It will be implemented on the Windows 10 IoT Enterprise BSP by NXP soon.

Detail:
http://ess-wiki.advantech.com.tw/view/IoTGateway/BSP/Linux/OS_Support_List_Windows_On_Arm
How-to Article:

2 Likes

Hi Support Team,

Do you know if the Windows media player is working on this version ?
In the 1.0.0 test report it is marked as failed. but in the different version release note, it doesn’t say if there is any improvement on this…
I have a demo to build showing the Win10 on imx8, the ideal is to show a typical Windows application… I thought of windows media player, but if it is not working, then maybe you have other idea ? is there Edge on it ?

Thanks,

Still Media Player does not work.

1 Like

Please be noted VLC player (ARM64 version) works well.

1 Like

Hi @_Yusuke_Kuwabara,
thanks a lot for sharing. Yes, I am afraid that Windows Media Player cannot work, but VLC player works. And playback video by webpage via Ethernet ports can also be an alternative.

Best regards

Eunice

1 Like

Steps to Install New Media Player
1.Download msixbundle and License1.xml
download link: Releases · microsoft/winget-cli · GitHub
2.Download the VCLibs Desktop framework package
https://aka.ms/Microsoft.VCLibs.arm64.14.00.Desktop.appx
3.Download the Microsoft.UI.Xaml.2.7 by link ““download Package”” is on the right side
NuGet Gallery | Microsoft.UI.Xaml 2.7.0
4.Change Microsoft.UI.Xaml.2.7.nupkg to .zip and Unzip

Install WinGet

1. Launch PowerShell as Administrator
  2. Add-AppxPackage -Path <path to VCLibs .appx file>
  3. Add-AppxPackage -Path
  4. Add-AppxPackage -Path <path to .msixbundle file>
  5. Add-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackagePath <path to .msixbundle file> -LicensePath
  6. winget install “Windows Media Player”
3 Likes

@_Yusuke_Kuwabara please find instructions on how to install a Windows Media Player on WoA in @Andrew_Chou’s post

1 Like

You will see a new Media Player option after the installation.

1 Like

No. I installed VLC media player because Windows Media Player didn’t work correctly.