MIO 5152, how can I control GPIO under Ubuntu and ROS

4 Camera with USB3.0 are connected to the board. In order to synchronize these 4 camera, I’d like to use GPIO as trigger signal.
How can I control GPIO under Ubuntu/ROS?

2 Likes

Dear Sir,
On MIO-5152,
Advantech created the SUSI API to simplify application development and provide exclusive services through Advantech’s embedded platform. The SUSI API provides a set of modularly designed functions and includes GPIO control functions. Customers can easily implement them to meet their application needs.

1 Like

Currently I bought the EPC-U3233 from Advantech and I want to use its GPIO pins in Ubuntu/ROS but the online resources are very limited, if not non-existent. Hope someone can assist me on this issue.

Dear Sir,

Please through the below link to get the SUSI user manual
In Chapter 3.7, it is mentioned about the GPIO function.

http://ess-wiki.advantech.com.tw/wiki/images/f/f0/SUSI4_User_Manual.pdf

2 Likes

Dear Sir,

please go to below website to download SUSI API and follow SUSI user guide to control GPIO pin.

SUSI/ReleasePackage/x86/Standard/Ubuntu/EPC/EPC-U3233/ubuntu 20.04/x64 at master · ADVANTECH-Corp/SUSI · GitHub

2 Likes

Thank you both for your support, but probably because my abilities are still limited, I cannot control the EPC GPIO in Ubuntu/ROS. I wonder if anyone can guide me more specifically on this? Thank you very much.

Currently, I want to use the COM4 port of the EPC-U3233 that supports RS485 to control the SERVO, but I can’t find detailed information about the pins of this port. Can someone help me with this problem? Thank you very much.
Below the manual details the ports of the UNO-238 in section 2.2.6, and I would like the same information for the EPC-U3233.

Dear Sir,

please see below.

for user manual, please go below to download it.

Regards,

1 Like

@phu_viet
May I know your location? Perhaps we can arrange for local sales and FAE to get in contact with you directly to provide technical support at your convenience."

I am in Vietnam, currently I am still having problems controlling GPIO and RS485 on EPC-U3233. Hope to have support from you.

I really need someone to support me in using the SUSI library to control GPIO. I hope you can contact me for technical support on this.

@phu_viet
Sure, I will let our sales team know to get in touch with you next week.