RSB3720 - HDMI Interface

We are currently working on a project that involves the i.MX8M Plus processor, specifically utilizing the RSB-3720 development board.In the course of our development, we are considering the integration of a 4.3-inch Capacitive Touch Screen LCD (B) with HDMI, 800×480 resolution, manufactured by Waveshare.
The specific product details are as follows:

Product Name: 4.3-inch Capacitive Touch Screen LCD (B)

Resolution: 800×480

Interface: HDMI

Manufacturer: Waveshare

Before proceeding with the integration, we would like to seek information regarding the compatibility of this display with the i.MX8M Plus RSB-3720.

In RSB-3720 user manual I have seen the following support resolutions. It has mentioned minimum support resolution from 720x480 and supports upto 1920x1080. And the display we have supports 800x480.

Before proceeding with the integration, we would like to seek information regarding the compatibility of this display with the i.MX8M Plus RSB-3720.

Could you please provide guidance on the following:

Compatibility Assessment: Does the i.MX8M Plus RSB-3720 support the 4.3-inch Capacitive Touch Screen LCD (B),800x480 by Waveshare with HDMI interface, and are there any known compatibility issues?

Configuration Guidelines: Are there any specific configurations or settings that we should be aware of when integrating this display with the i.MX8M Plus RSB-3720?

We appreciate your prompt assistance and guidance on these matters, as it will significantly impact our development decisions. If there are specific resources or documentation available, please feel free to direct us to those as well

Hi~

The HDMI can support only cea modes resolution list in the kernel source drivers/gpu/drm/drm_edid.c.
In i.MX8MPlus Applications Processor Datasheet, it list support resolution as following,

1 Like