Getting started with RSB-4810

I’m working with an RSB-4810 that my customer has selected to use for an update to their platform. I’m having a rather difficult time getting started with the board I’ve received. I have a couple of questions to start.

First, the box I received only has the board in it, no power supply or documentation. From the user guide online I found online (RSB-4810 user guide - ESS-WIKI) it looks like it is 12VDC, but there’s no information on Amperage. I also don’t see the connector type listed anywhere. I’m a bit hesitant to plug anything into it without knowing a bit more so I can use an appropriate connector and power supply.

Second, I’m hoping to find either a Linux image or source repository so I can build an image myself. No where I’ve looked seems to have an image or source repository. The user guide I linked above has some spots in it where it looks like there should be a link to something, but I do not see a link. I’ve also spent some time on the Advantech github (ADVANTECH-Corp · GitHub) trying to locate a likely candidate I could use, but I can’t find that anything on there officially supports the RSB-4810. So, I’m hoping someone can point me at a Linux image or repository for the RSB-4810.

Third, once I get an image and can power the board, I don’t see anything in the user guide that indicates how I connect to the board to push an image to it. Do I use COM1? COM2? Some other port? I do see that the user guide has screenshots with the RKDevTool v2.81 for flashing images. I assume that is the tool from Rockchip that I found with a quick Google search of the name (this forum won’t let me include more than two links in a post so I can’t link it directly). Or maybe my assumption about connecting directly to the board itself to flash the image is incorrect and I really need to flash the image to an SD card directly using the RKDevTool and then finish the installation using that? I’m unsure because I can’t find this information anywhere.

Any support you can provide would be appreciated! Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Sean,

thanks a lot for your questions and please kindly refer to the below for our quick response,
for more detail, our application engineer will keep on helping.

First of all, RSB-4810 is with a standard DC-Jack connector for power input, and the supported voltage is 12VDC, and as amperage will depend on the numbers of peripherals you will be attached with, but since RSB-4810 will be consuming around 13W at full loading, we suggest to use an AC-DC adapter supporting 12V/36W will be enough to cover standard usage with our RSB-4810.

Secondly and thirdly, the standard RSB-4810 is pre-installed with an Android image in eMMC, so you can boot directly to the eMMC for Android OS. But if you would like to flash it to Debian OS, for RSB-4810, you will have to go by the RKDevTool. @phill.liu please help to provide the download link and the supporting Debian OS download link.

You can also find more detail in the user manual: https://advdownload.advantech.com/productfile/Downloadfile1/1-28S26U4/RSB-4810_User_Manual_ed.1.FINAL.pdf

And if further question, please feel free to leave it in the comment.

Eunice

1 Like

Debian 10 OS:

When you unzip the RSB4810A2AIM20DIV123006_2022-05-11.img.tgz , you will see the RKchip flash in the same folder .

1 Like

@Sean_Whitsitt
Did your customer solve thier problem by using our method ? if not , please let us know .thanks.

1 Like