ROM-5722 kirkstone

Hi,

i have ROM-5722 and demoboard SOM-DB2510 with zeus release version.
I need to switch to kirkstone version but it looks like this version is not supported yet.
For example, with kirkstone version, Pcie, one of two Can lines and GPIOs of demoboard 2510 does not work anymore.

Please, can you confirm this and suggest a way to obtain the kirkstone version fully compatible with ROM-5722?

Thank you

@Mr.Cscn
HI Mr.Cscn,

Above all ,Thanks for your patience and your inquiry about Yocto 4.0 for ROM-5722.
Due to the disparity between Yocto 3.3 and Yocto 4.0 techique, and our engineer is completely dedicated to conquer those integrate issues. Recently, we finally heard substantial progress from engineer team , they expects to release Yocto 4.0 for RSB- ROM-5722 by end of May. At the appointed time, we will release the Yocto 4.0 for RSB- ROM-5722 image and related information to you.

2 Likes

Hi,
I too would like an update if possible.

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for interesting to receive the Yocto 4.0 BSP released. We will release it by end of May, pls stay tuned, as more details will follow.

BR,
Nathan

I’m also interested in Yocto 4.0 for the 5722. I tried building it following the instructions in http://ess-wiki.advantech.com.tw/view/IoTGateway/BSP/Linux/iMX8/Yocto_LBVC_User_Guide but many files don’t download. A cursory investigation indicates that it’s due to the “master” branch of git repos being renamed to “main” (bmap-tools-native for example). Is there a target date when this will be fixed or will I have to do the .bbappend files myself?

Is there an update to this?

@Rob_Singleton Please do the .bbappend files yourself in a short time or change branch directory from bb file in your local meta layer. We’ll find the branch of repos changed to main from the master and fix them in the future.

@Anthony_garza1 We’ll provide it in the mid of June, it’s a little delay in fixing some issues.

@Rob_Singleton and @Anthony_garza1
Sorry to inform you that there has been a change in the release date for the software we had initially planned to launch by the end of May. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have encountered certain challenges that require additional time to resolve.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this delay may cause you and your team. We understand that you were eagerly anticipating the software release and may have made plans accordingly. Please rest assured that we are working diligently to address the issues and ensure a smooth and successful release.

After careful consideration and evaluation of the current situation, we have set a new target release date for the software. The revised launch date is now scheduled for the Middle of June. We believe that this additional time will allow us to thoroughly address all the technical aspects and deliver a high-quality product that meets your expectations.

If you have any questions, concerns, or specific requirements regarding the postponed release, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are more than willing to address any queries or provide assistance to minimize the impact of this delay on your operations. Thx

Well, That is not great as we are waiting on this release please remember our releases are dependent on your releases and when your late we are late. Other 8mp manufacturers have been on Kirkstone for a while. Can you please inform me of what your confidence level of hitting the June 15th deadline is?

@Anthony_garza1 We’ll do our best. So far it could be done by June 15th.

1 Like

@Anthony_garza1,
Please get ROM-5722 kirkstone BSP by following the command

repo init -u git://github.com/ADVANTECH-Corp/adv-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-linux-kirkstone -m imx8LBVC0042.xml
2 Likes

Says it can not fetch the manifest.

Please try https instead of git.

repo init -u https://github.com/ADVANTECH-Corp/adv-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-linux-kirkstone -m imx8LBVC0042.xml
1 Like

The bake fails do to uboot-tools and code aura.

Please modify the source uri from codeaurora to github of bb file or use the download packages from this site
http://ess-wiki.advantech.com.tw/view/IoTGateway/BSP/Linux/iMX8/Yocto_LBVC_User_Guide#Downloads_tarball

2 Likes