RSB 4810 Android Screen orientation

Hi,

I’m working on RSB 4810 board with Android on it (version 12001 from 2023-06-30). I want to permanently change screen orientation to Portrait but can’t find a way to do it – the orientation is always set to landscape, the only relevant setting I can find in Android is “Auto-rotate screen” option, but I don’t think this could work without additional sensors. I don’t have any additional position sensors connected to the board, not sure if there are position sensors build into the board. Ideally I’d like to set screen orientation on the OS level, without installing any additional hardware. Could you please let me know if that’s possible and if so how can I do it?

Regards
Bartek

HI Sir / Miss @Bart_Ek ,

Did you download the Android BSP and already create the BSP compile environment ?
if yes , you should modify the file as below

patch : /home/adv/BSP/rk3568_android_S12-rkr13_1219/android/device/rockchip/common/Boardconfig.mk

Hi Phill.Liu.

Thank you for your reply.
I don’t have the Android BSP downloaded and configured, could you please provide me with the link to the download page and instructions how to set it up?

Regards
Bartek

HI @Bart_Ek ,

please follow the wiki , then download and build the BSP in Docker environment.
http://ess-wiki.advantech.com.tw/view/Android_BSP_User_Guide_for_rk3568_series_12

Hi @phill.liu

I got the prebuilts archive and untarred it in container. But can’t find the source command needed for the next step

Could you please let me know where the source command sould be located? Did I missed a step? Could you verify if prebilts archive linked in the wiki is the correct one? Your help is much appreciated.

Regards
Bartek

Hi @phill.liu

After some digging I’ve tried to execute envsetup.sh, but it fails as follows:

$ whoami
adv
$ pwd
/home/adv/BSP/rk3568_android_S12-rkr13/android
$ . build/envsetup.sh
/bin/sh: 1: build/envsetup.sh: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Bartek

HI sir @Bart_Ek ,

In my BSP folder, I can find the script file in the folder .
Maybe teh BSP is not complete, please confirm it again , and also you can capture your picture to me. thanks.